Casa Macca (Macca house) built in late XIX century by colonel Petre Macca and his wife Elena in Bucharest. Through her will, Elena donated the house to the Romanian state. It became an Antique Museum and, after communists came to power in late 1940’s, it became the Institute of Archeology Vasile Parvan.
It has not seen any restoration work for more than half a century, and today it is left to decay more and more as each day passes.
Casa Macca represents an architectural work of art which is reminiscent of “Little Paris”, the name which Bucharest carried before WW2 severe bombardments and before communist mutilation.. and today’s “capitalist” neglect…