The Palace of the National Insurance Company (Palatul Societatii de Asigurari “Nationala”) was built in 1886, originally meant to serve as headquarters for the National Insurance Company.
The original structure had two stories; a few decades later additional stories were built and the facade was modified. After 1989 it was abandoned.
Photo source: www.reptilianul.blogspot.ro
A reminder of Bucharest in its golden days – old Bucharest footage